POSITION VACANT / Office Manager / Closes 27th NOV
Restore Church, Castle Hill, NSW
OFFICE MANAGER (Permanent Part-Time)
Restore Church is a faith community that operates out of two locations – Restore Church being our head office and community centre located at 47 Britannia Road Castle Hill, and our social enterprise trading as ‘The Restore’ and ‘The Restore Café’ located at 154 Best Road Seven Hills.
We are seeking committed and competent person to join our team with potential for this role to expand in the future. We are looking for someone with strong customer service and administration experience and abilities with the capacity to develop the necessary processes and systems of a growing and developing organistation.
For Further Information:
a) About Restore Church, see website www.restorechurch.com.au
b) About the role and job description. See attached
c) Or further clarification on role, remuneration, condition, please contact the church office 8850 0926 and ask to speak with Adrian Jackson
Please send your resume with at least two referees to:
Applications close: 27th November, 2017
POSITION DESCRIPTION – OFFICE MANAGER
ROLE TITLE: OFFICE MANAGER
REPORTS TO: SENIOR PASTOR
SUPERVISION OF: VOLUNTEERS
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Office Manager works to realise the vision and strategic plans of RESTORE CHURCH in a manner demonstrating commitment with its vision and values. We believe the church is at its best when the ministry and mission of the church is in the hands of the church - the people who make it up. That's why our vision is: ‘to equip every believer for life & mission; to impact every place we are; and to extend everywhere’
EVERY PERSON | EVERY PLACE | EVERYWHERE
Our strategies focus resources on individual discipleship and multiplying new faith communities & missional enterprises. The Office Manager is a position that exists specifically to develop an ethos of excellence in service, efficiency in operations and maximise the financial performance of RESTORE CHURCH head office (the Office). In managing the operations of the Office, it is equally important to ensure ongoing development of wider missional activities. As such this role will also assist in restoring dignity and respect through the missional enterprise services, expanding the kingdom, and equipping a growing faith community.
A professional and encouraging manager, who oversees the day to day operations of the Office, ensures maximum efficiency, advances the faith journey of those who serve and ultimately makes a difference to the partners of our community.
1. SERVICE DELIVERY - Ensure operations are effective and efficient
(including as the Office concierge and first point of contact) in accordance with RESTORE CHURCH priorities and purpose.
2. ASSET MANAGEMENT - Ensure asset management processes and procedures work seamlessly.
3. HR MANAGEMENT - Ensure all policies, procedures and employment requirements are up to date and compliant.
4. RISK MANAGEMENT - Ensure appropriate systems and controls for managing and providing a safe and healthy environment at all times
Type: Permanent Part Time - working 2 days per week or 16 hours per week spread over Mon-Thursday 9am-1pm (nominally 7.6 hours/day). No overtime is payable in this position. Time off instead of payment for overtime (time for time) will be arranged by mutual agreement where required.
Staff: Number of direct reports: 0. You may provide limited guidance to nominated volunteers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
The requirements of the position are as specified in the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award for a Social and Community Services Employee level 2.
The following qualities have been identified for this role:
- Customer service and administration experience
- Highly organised with attention to detail
- Ability to work in dynamic environment
- Highly energetic self-starter who leads by example
- Ability to work as a team player delivering God directed outcomes
- Aligned with the vision and values of RESTORE CHURCH
- Strong communicator; written and oral
- A heart for people and their spiritual, emotional and relational wellbeing
- Relational warmth
Major challenges currently faced by the position include:
- Operating in a volunteer intensive environment – i.e. Service delivery without paid staff
- Understanding governance, risk and compliance obligations of a faith community operating missional enterprises
- Prioritising workloads, managing expectations and balancing the role effectively with own family commitments
- Sustaining community connectedness during community gatherings
- Senior Pastor for advice, support, consultation and feedback
- Eldership team who provide spiritual leadership for the whole church and have responsibility for corporate governance
- Volunteers who lead provision of services to the community
- Church members as both supportive partners in mission and a potential source of labour
- Liaison with key stakeholders and representatives of Fresh Hope
- Organisations seeking to use Community spaces.
- Local residents accessing spiritual formation